- Advised EBI in connection with a $70 million investment from Fonds de Solidarité FTQ
- Advised the buyer in the acquisition of a Canadian manufacturer of precision machined parts for the aircraft industry
- Advised the buyer in acquisition of the Montréal Canadiens and the Bell Centre
- Advised the buyer in the acquisition of a shareholder’s interest in a software development firm
- Advised a research development centre in successive funding rounds and various agreements with strategic partners
- Acts as counsel in regards to acquisitions and reorganizations in the financial services industry
- Advised L’Aréna des Canadiens Inc. in the acquisition of Spectra, promoter of the Montréal International Jazz Festival, the Francofolies de Montréal, and the Montréal en lumières festival
- Advised GDI Integrated Facility Services, a Canadian leader in facility services, in its first expansion into the United States and various acquisitions in Canada
- Advised Lagardère Services in the reorganization of its retail operations and the distribution of printed materials in Canada
André Paquette is a leading corporate lawyer with a business law practice centered primarily on mergers and acquisitions, business financing, and corporate structuring, including for non-share capital corporations and not-for-profit organizations.
Drawing on his extensive expertise and business acumen, André advises and assists Canadian and foreign companies in strategic commercial transactions and operations, including in the acquisition and sale of businesses.
Focused on achieving objectives while adopting a client-centric risk management strategy, André serves the manufacturing, energy, waste and residual material management, as well as food, beverage and agribusiness industries, with strong commitment to their best interests.
André routinely offers sage advice on contracts, venture capital financing, the changing landscape of regulations and legislation impacting businesses in Québec, and more.
Presented “Thinking of buying a block of business? Let’s talk risk management!” at the Québec 2015 Compliance Symposium organized by Freedom 55 Financial
Rankings & Recognitions
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada (2024) as a leading lawyer in the area of Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada (2023) as a leading lawyer in the areas of Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada (2022) as a leading lawyer in the areas of Mergers and Acquisitions Law
- Former Chair of the Fundraising Campaign Cabinet, Château Ramezay (2010-2014)
Directorships & Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
Education & Admissions
Get updates delivered right to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.