- Counsel to a tenant in more than thirty commercial locations. Representation in Court and negotiations in the context of the legal implications caused by the COVID-19 pandemic
- Representing clients in multiple expropriation processes in the context of major infrastructure work as the construction of the light rail train in Montréal (REM) and the extension of the blue line of the Montréal subway
- Counsel to a multinational company in the construction and energy savings industry in the context of several multimillion dollar arbitration proceeding
- Currently acting in proceedings between building owners, contractors, distributors and manufacturers in a multimillion dollar litigation regarding twelve different multi-residential projects
- Counsel to medical devices manufacturers in the context of tender processes with Quebec government authorities
- Manages all Quebec cases for a large manufacturer of plumbing products
- Counsel for a Canadian mining company in an UNCITRAL arbitration against a South American government arising from a mineral exploration project
- Counsel to a multinational mining company in ICC arbitration seated in Paris involving a joint venture in a West African state
- Counsel to IATA in connection with ICC arbitration proceedings involving African travel agents, seated in Paris
- Acted in the context of the restructuring proceedings of an international airline company
Andrei Pascu is a skilled litigation lawyer with extensive experience in product liability and commercial real estate disputes. He is known for finding practical and cost-effective solutions for clients in a wide array of industries such as the automotive, the construction, and the retail sectors.
Andrei is particularly active in product liability cases defending manufacturers and distributors, in leasing and commercial real estate disputes as well as in expropriation processes. He also guides clients through construction disputes and provides advice on construction agreements and procurement issues.
Appearing before all levels of courts in Québec, Andrei is also experienced in alternative dispute resolution (ADR) processes, and has been involved in a number of large and complex arbitration proceedings.
Andrei is a standard bearer for diversity and inclusion initiatives within McMillan and in the community. He serves as vice-president of GRIS- Montréal, an organization that promotes awareness of the diversity of sexual orientations and gender identities, and integration of LGBTQ+ people into society.
2022 Product Liability Conference : From Allies to Champions 6 Tips for LGBTQ+ Inclusivity in the WorkplaceFebruary 3, 2022
Panel : Au cas où vous l’auriez manqué: Génération Z à l’emploi. Pride at work Canada, Discussion participants: Andrei Pascu, Carole-Ann Joanisse, Henri-June Pilote, Mathieu Desjardins (host) and Gabriel Bran Lopez (moderator)August 12, 2021
Panel : Develop strategic partnerships to improve creativity and innovation in your organisation. Journal Les Affaires Conference, Montreal, Quebec Beatrice Couture, Andrei Pascu, Richard Chénier and Damien SilèsSeptember 2016
Hot Topics: A Comparative take on the Federal, Ontario and Quebec Regimes The Common Seminar on Mastering Public Procurement, Ottawa, Ontario Andrei Pascu and Timothy CullenMarch 2016
Panel sur les modes alternatifs de résolution de conflits dans le cadre du Campus Québec organisé par les Barreaux du Québec, de Montréal et de Paris, Campus QuébecSeptember 2015
Personal Insolvency Panel, 10th Annual Pan-Canadian Insolvency and Restructuring Law Conference of the Canadian Bar Association, Chantal Gingras, Ian Penney, Sidney Elbaz and Andrei PascuOctober 2014
Key business agreements, The clauses found in the "General" section of an agreement are more important than you think!, Canadian Institute Presentation, Key Business Agreements, with Julie NormandNovember 2010
Le Consentement des personnes inaptes à la recherche : La situation américaine et le Code Civil du Québec Conference on the XXXI International Congress on Law and Mental Health, New York University Law SchoolJune 28, 2009
Le consentement des personnes âgées à la recherche : la situation canadienne et le Code Civil du Québec Videoconférence entre l'Université de Montréal, Université Paul Sabatier de Toulouseet le Centre Médical des mots de Flandres affilié au CHRU de LilleMay 4, 2007
- Judge at the 2012 White & Case Canadian National Division Qualifying Tournament of the Philip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition
- Lecturer at Université Canadienne d’Abidjan (Ivory Coast); Éthique, Politique et Droit, MBA 2010
- Lecturer at Université Canadienne d’Abidjan (Ivory Coast); Introduction à l’étude du droit, Baccalauréat 2010
Rankings & Recognition
- Montreal Young Bar: Lawyer of the Year for Pro bono community outreach (2016)
- Member of the review board of Justice Pro Bono (Québec) for requests of pro bono legal work
- Volunteer with the GRIS-Montréal since September 2013
Directorships & Affiliations
- Vice-President and director of GRIS- Montréal
- Defence Research Institute (DRI) – Product Liability Committee – Vice-Chair Hands & Power Tools Specialized Litigation Group
Education & Admissions
- “Thinking of Industrial Development? Here are a few pitfalls to avoid,” Espace Montreal, Vol. 31 No. 2, pp. 68-71 (July 2022)
- “Guide to Tracing Assets Around the World 2018,” TerraLex (May 2018)
- “Quebec Arbitration Rules are finally talking business – New powers to issues Interim Measures to Arbitrators,” Arbitration Watch (November 2014)
- “It’s all about prejudice: Preference Recoveries and their beneficiaries,” Journal of the Insolvency Institute of Canada, vol. 1, 2012 (September 2012)
- “Quelques colles, casse-têtes et curiosités,” Le droit bancaire en 2011, nouveautés et tendances, Les Éditions Thémis, 2011, pp. 149-171 (May 2011)
Insights (11 Posts)View More
The Quebec Standards Bureau is set to develop and publish by November 2024 a safety index for heavy vehicles to protect vulnerable road users.
Québec Bill 29 – A Potential Right to Repair and Planned Obsolescence Ban that Would Affect Appliances and Electronics
Québec looks to adopt a right to repair and planned obsolescence Bill with particular impacts on electronics and appliances.
Québec Bill 29, An Automotive Perspective – A Potential Right to Repair, Planned Obsolescence Ban and Lemon Law
Quebec looks to adopt a right to repair and planned obsolescence Bill with particular impacts in the automotive sapce
McMillan’s Commercial Real Estate and Litigation & Dispute Resolution teams are offering a conference on a variety of current issues relating to real estate development and BOMA Standards.
Even in the summer months, the legal news does not let up. Here are some recent decisions and legislative developments as we head into the 2021 fall season.
The Superior Court of Quebec decides a case about the effects of COVID-19 on commercial rents.
Real Estate Developments: Challenges and Potential Solutions.
Participants will benefit from the advice of the panelists on the steps to be taken when facing public authorities and the compensation they can expect.
Your Business Information Continues to be Protected in Quebec – A Recent Judgment of the Quebec Superior Court
In a judgment rendered on September 24, 2018, the Superior Court reaffirmed the significance of the protection of business information
The Supreme Court of Canada Confirmed Today the Paramountcy of theBankruptcy and Insolvency Act over License Denial Regimes
The Supreme Court of Canada Confirmed Today the Paramountcy of the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act over License Denial Regimes
Clarifying COMI: Locating a Debtor's Centre of Main Interests
Get updates delivered right to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.