- Novacap TMT in connection with a co-investment (along with Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec) in Eddyfi Technologies, for the purpose of financing the acquisition of NDT Global
- Novacap Industries in connection with the acquisition of Foliot Furniture
- Novacap TMT and Firmex in connection with the sale of Firmex to VERTU Capital
- TMT and Intelerad Medical Systems in connection with the sale of Intelerad to Hg Capital
- Novacap TMT and Onstream Pipeline Inspection Services in connection with the sale of Onstream to MISTRAS (2019 CVCA Private Capital Regional Impact Award for Western Canada)
- Syntax Systems in connection with equity financing for the purpose of the acquisition of EmeraldCube Solutions and Freudenberg IT
- Live Nation Entertainment in connection with a joint-venture with evenko
- Faurecia in connection with the acquisition of IRYStec Software
- Voxco in connection with a recapitalization by Pivoton Capital
- Private equity fund in connection with an equity investment in an IT services provider
- Private equity fund in connection with the acquisition of a digital publishing company
- Information systems provider in connection with a sale of the business
Christian Abouchaker’s practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity and general corporate transactions. Christian has played key roles in several national and cross-border private M&A transactions, including private equity and technology transactions, and participates in the implementation of corporate structures. He advises clients in a range of industries on commercial matters and regulatory compliance.
Christian holds an LLM from the New York University School of Law, with a focus in corporate law and privacy, and was admitted to the New York State Bar. Prior to joining McMillan, he acted as a legal consultant to startup companies as well as boutique legal practices in New York, advising on corporate law and intellectual property matters.
Christian also spent three years with the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy of Canada. In his role, he acquired significant experience analyzing and investigating legal and business information, and developed exceptional interpersonal skills in dealing with various stakeholders in the bankruptcy process.
During his legal studies in Canada, Christian served as a law clerk to the Honourable Pierre J. Dalphond at the Court of Appeal of Québec.
Rankings & Recognitions
- Academic Excellence Scholarship, Université du Québec à Montréal (2013)
Directorships & Affiliations
- Young Bar of Montréal
- New York State Bar Association
Education & Admissions
Insights by Christian Abouchaker (1 Posts)
Public Display of English-Language Trade-Marks: Quebec Court of Appeal Confirms the Decision in Magasins Best Buy Ltée v. Québec (Procureur Général)May 1, 2015
Public Display of English-Language Trade-Marks: Quebec Court of Appeal Confirms the Decision in Magasins Best Buy Ltée v. Québec (Procureur Général)
Subscribe for updates
Get updates delivered right to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.