Donia is a talented litigator focused on resolving complex corporate, commercial, construction, and cross-border disputes.
Donia represents clients in contract and stakeholder disputes, delay and cost overruns claims, injunctions, commercial arbitrations, and enforcement of letters rogatory matters. Her mandates include First Nations, insurance parties, energy and infrastructure projects as well as other major commercial industries.
Donia is a member of The Advocates’ Society, The American Bar Association, and the Canadian Association for Women in Construction. She regularly volunteers on Pro Bono Ontario’s Free Legal Advice Hotline and has been published by Canada’s top construction law journals, including the Journal of the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers, and the Construction Law Letter.
- “Legal Notes: Ontario Supreme Court ruling may reduce concurrent delay finger-pointing,” by John Bleasby, Daily Commercial News, April 15, 2021
Rankings & Recognitions
- Samuel Rubinoff Award for Most Outstanding Research Paper
- The Advocates’ Society
- American Bar Association
- Toronto Lawyer’s Association
- Pro Bono Ontario
- Canadian Association for Women in Construction
Education & Admissions
- “Has the Music Stopped? – Public Access to Construction Arbitration Decisions in Canada,” Journal of the Canadian College of Construction Lawyers, Thomson Reuters (2022)
- “Don’t Let the Clock Run Out on Your Claim – Key Limitation Period Practices for Contractors,” Ontario General Contractors Association (February 24, 2022)
- “Searching for Equity in Fraud’s Wake – Surety Rescinds Bond Due to Obligee’s Fraud,” Construction Law Letter, Vol 38, No. 5, pp 6-8 (May/June 2022)
- “Unscrambling the egg: New guidance for assessing concurrent delay on construction projects“, Construction Law Letter, Vol.38, No2, p. 12-14 (November/December 2021)
Insights (6 Posts)
Canada’s Greenhouse Gas Offset Credit System Creates Green Incentives for Regulated Facilities (Update)
Canada has published the Greenhouse Gas Offset Credit System Regulations establishing a system for projects preventing or removing GHGs from the atmosphere.
Canada’s Federal Greenhouse Gas Offset Credit System Creates Green Incentives for Regulated Facilities
Publication of Greenhouse Gas Offset Credit System Regulations under section 195 of the Greenhouse Gas Pollution Pricing Act.
A recent Ontario court decision provides new guidance on how to assess responsibility for concurrent delays in construction projects.
On December 8 2020 Ontario passed Bill 118 amending the Occupiers Liability Act and shortening the notice period in slip and fall claims from 2 years to 60 days
Canada Legally Commits to Net-Zero Emissions by 2050
Ontario's proposed regulation would transition the current Blue Box Program to an extended producer responsibility ("EPR") model.
Get updates delivered right to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.