- Represented Deutsche Bank in connection with US$30 million K-sure Covered Secured Term Facility provided to E-land Asia Holdings Pte. Ltd. guaranteed by E-land World Limited.
- Represented BMW Group and BMW Financial Services Korea on the issuance of KRW130 billion unsecured bonds.
- Advised Ernst & Young, Singapore in connection with the proposed sanctions by and review hearings at the Financial Supervisory Commission of South Korea.
- Advised a leading power company in Korea on its JPY14.8 billion financing from KDB, on-lent from Japan Bank for International Cooperation, Mizuho Corporate Bank, Ltd. and The Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ, Ltd.
- Advised KEXIM in connection with US$470,743,000 financing of the four container vessels under the French Tax Lease structure provided to CMA CGM SA by BNP Paribas, CM-CIC and KEXIM.
- Acted for Korea Development Bank (KDB) in relation to the establishment of the Volcker Rule Compliance Program.
- Represented Stokke Holdings AS regarding the senior term and revolving facilities guaranteed by Stokke Korea Co., Ltd. and related intercompany loan arrangements.
- Represented Starkist Co. in connection with US$230million senior loan facility provided by a syndicate of lenders guaranteed by Dongwon Enterprise Co., Ltd.
- Represented Chenavari Investment in connection with the sale of non-performing loan to Taeheung.
- Advised National Pension Service (NPS) regarding the issuance of US$125million Class A5 Notes by Acushnet Company whereby a portion of such notes were acquired via a trust based in Korea.
- Advised Lotte Shopping Co., Ltd. in connection with its issuance of KRW321,200,000,000 US$-Settled Zero Coupon Exchangeable Bonds, with the concurrent securities lending transactions entered into with each of the joint lead managers with the intermediation of Woori Investment & Securities Co., Ltd.
- Represented Nonghyup Bank in connection with various credit facilities provided by foreign banks including Commerzbank AG, SMBC and ING.
- Represented MetLife in connection with its up to KRW20billion participation in the army BTL project in Paju, Korea.
- Represented Hyundai Capital Services, Inc. in connection with various corporate financing provided by foreign banks including Bank of America, N.A.
- Advised Hana Bank its issuance of THB8billion notes arranged by Standard Chartered Bank (Thai) Public Company Limited and Kasikornbank Public Company Limited.
- Acted for Unison Capital of Japan relating to the acquisition of Gongcha Korea.
- Represented equity investors in relation to the acquisition of one of the top five coal producers in Indonesia with an enterprise value of US$1,180 million by way of acquiring various intermediary holding companies in BVI, Indonesia, Netherlands, Malta, Seychelles and Singapore.
- Represented mandated lead arrangers of a syndicate of 15 lenders in connection with the US $661 million guarantee project financing of a 300 mm wafer fabrication plant in Singapore, supported by a capital assistance loan from the Economic Development Board, Singapore.
- Represented a hydro-electric power company in the Philippines in relation to refinancing of debt service reserve facility and debt modification.
Esther E. J. Sohn
She | HerCounsel, Financial Services
Vancouver 604.893.2349 firstname.lastname@example.org
Expertise Business Law Financial Services Banking & Finance Private Equity & Venture Capital Startups & Emerging Companies