Fabienne Benoit practises commercial real estate law with a focus on transactions relating particularly to financing, and sales and acquisitions.
As part of her extensive background in commercial real estate, Fabienne served as vice-president business development, and as Québec vice-president, in commercial underwriting for leading Canadian and American title insurance companies. As an underwriter, she assessed legal risks relating to asset acquisitions or share purchase transactions and the financing of such transactions. Fabienne put in place the appropriate coverage while maintaining continuity of operations, overseeing her department, and ensuring compliance with Québec’s civil law. She also delivered training to Québec lawyers, lenders and owners.
For nearly 15 years before working in the title insurance sector, Fabienne practised commercial real estate law, advising on financing and transactional matters. She also wrote opinions on complex title issues relating to various types of properties.
Member of the organizing committee for the Grand Bal FIMJ, Montreal Real Estate Foundation for Kids from 2016 to 2020.
- Member of Commercial Real Estate Women (CREW) from 2004 to 2019 including:
- Member of the organizing committee of the annual golf tournament (2009 and 2010)
- Member of the Recruiting committee (2010 and 2011)
- Director of organizing committee of the annual golf tournament
- (2011 to 2014)
- Member of the Mentorship program (2015 and 2016)
Member of the Institut de Développement Urbain (IDU) until 2019, including:
- Member of the post-mortem training committee (2011)
- Member of the annual golf tournament committee (2014 and 2015)
- President of the golf tournament committee (2016 to 2019)
Education & Admissions
Get updates delivered right to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.