Ishita is building a legal practice in Capital Markets & Securities. She has an international and cross border experience as a Capital Markets Senior Associate practicing in New Delhi, India for several years. She has represented global issuers and underwriters on domestic and foreign initial public offerings, private placements and other equity and debt financings. Many of these transactions involved novel features and creative pathways through India’s securities laws. She is an experienced advisor to broker-dealers, security holders and public companies on a wide range of securities and business law matters, specifically disclosure obligations, insider trading compliances and corporate governance requirements.
As a young member of the Ontario Bar Association’s Charity and Not for Profit Law Section in 2020, she led an initiative to introduce Charity Law courses across law schools in Ontario.
- Icing smiles, Inc., United states and Canada – Legal Assistant and International Chapter Coordinator (March 2019 – present)
Directorships & Affiliations
- Ontario Bar Association
- Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa, India (2012 – present)
Education & Admissions
- “Eye-popping Canadian Billion Dollar Damage Award May Shift the M&A Landscape“, Deal Points, Winter 2022, (Volume XXVII, Issue 1) (January 2022)
- “Don’t Mind, You’ve Been Acquired – L&T’s Hostile Acquisition of Mindtree” (2020)
- “Practical Guide to Cross Border Foreign Investments in India” (2019)
Insights (1 Posts)
The authors discuss the Ontario Superior Court of Justice's decision in Cineplex v. Cineworld, a "busted deal" case about interim operating covenants.
Get updates delivered right to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.