- Lead counsel for Mastercard in successful defence of resale price maintenance complaint before Canadian Competition Tribunal.
- Lead counsel for Rogers Communications Inc. in successful defence at trial of claim for alleged misuse of confidential information.
- Lead counsel for Goldstone Resources in successful defence at trial of employment/shareholder dispute.
- Lead counsel for Mastercard in several class actions alleging price fixing conspiracies.
- Lead counsel in other class actions alleging price fixing conspiracies, including auto parts, compressors, LCD and CRT.
- Lead counsel in other competition law trials including Polaroid Canada v. Continent-Wide Enterprises and R. v. North Sails Fogh.
- Lead counsel in successful defence on appeal of St. Lawrence Starch shareholder dispute (Alldrew v. Nibrol).
- Lead counsel for plaintiff at trial and on appeal in successful multimillion dollar claim for stock options (Sambrook v. Altamira).
- Lead counsel in successful defence at trial of claim by professional hockey player for loss of future income (Mellanby v. Pinkerton’s).
Jeffrey B. SimpsonCounsel, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Toronto 416.307.4011 email@example.com
Expertise Banking & Finance Competition, Antitrust & Foreign Investment Class Actions Employment & Labour Relations Manufacturing