- Represents and advises investment fund managers and asset managers on the structuring and public offering of NI 81-102 alternative mutual funds, conventional mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETFs) in Canada.
- Represents and advises investment fund managers and asset managers on the structuring and offering of alternative investment funds and other pooled investment products on a private placement basis and investment advisory services in Canada.
- Represents and advises Canadian investment fund managers on the structuring and offering of offshore hedge funds and master/feeder structures.
- Structuring and offering of private equity funds.
- Extensive experience in the registration and ongoing compliance obligations of investment fund managers, portfolio managers and dealers under applicable securities legislation.
- Advises foreign-domiciled investment fund managers on the offering and registration requirements associated with the marketing and distribution of the securities of foreign domiciled investment funds in Canada.
- Represents and advises issuers and dealers in connection with offering of securities in Canada via public offering (prospectus) and private placement.
- Represents issuers and underwriters in connection with private placement bond offerings in connection with public-private partnership (P3) projects.
- Acts on behalf of both acquirors and targets on mergers, acquisitions and take-over bids (friendly and hostile).
- Represents shareholders in connection with proxy contests.
- Advises issuers with respect to continuous disclosure obligations and corporate governance matters in Canada.
- Generally advises on corporate, commercial and securities law matters.
He | HimPartner, Investment Funds & Asset Management
Toronto 416.865.7202 email@example.com
Expertise Business Law Capital Markets & Securities Investment Funds & Asset Management Mining Technology