- Represented Porsche in Connection with the establishment of Bentley Financial Services Canada and Lamborghini Financial Services Canada
- Represented Taylor Wimpey plc in the Canadian aspects of its divestiture of the North American real estate operations to Oaktree Capital, TPG Capital and JH Investments
- Represented Sun Capital Partners in the Canadian aspects of its acquisitions of the North American Bath & Kitchen Division of American Standard; acquisition and subsequent divestiture of the Ontario Pork Processing Operations of Maple Leaf Foods Inc.; acquisition of the Beauty Packaging Operations of Rio Tinto Alcan; acquisition of Arch Aluminum Products; acquisition of Berkline Benchcraft and its acquisition of Wind-Up Entertainment
- Represented Wind Point Partners in the Canadian aspects of its acquisition of ThinAddictives Inc.
- Represented Oaktree Capital in connection with its investments in Cyanco Canada and in Streamtheworld
- Represented ICV Partners in the Canadian aspects of its acquisition of Cargo Airport Services
- Represented Arlon Capital in the Canadian aspects of its acquisition of Pasta Kitchen
- Represented Genstar Capital in the acquisitions by its portfolio entity Granite Global Solutions Holdings Inc. of Financial Horizons Inc., Total Rehabilitation Management and Mercer Myers & Associates Insurance Adjusters Ltd.
- Represented ARAMARK Corp. in connection with the Canadian aspects of the cross-border US$3.8 billion privatization by Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan
- Represented JP Morgan, Citibank and Goldman Sachs in connection with the Canadian aspects of the cross-border US$23.4 billion secured financing of the Ford Motor Company
- Represented the Sandoz Division of Novartis in its cross-border acquisition of generic drug manufacturer Sabex Inc. from Roundtable Health Partners
Michael P. Whitcombe*Partner, Private Equity & Venture Capital | Mergers & Acquisitions
Expertise Automotive Business Law Manufacturing Mergers & Acquisitions Private Equity & Venture Capital