Monique Gauthier is a senior paralegal in the Commercial Real Estate Group. She specializes in acquisition and financing files and has over 35 years of experience in title examination. Thanks to her extensive knowledge of the Civil Code of Québec in real estate, she drafts title opinions, deeds of sale, hypothecs, notices of lease and other documents to be registered in the land register. In addition, she helps lawyers in the context of due diligence searches, carries out off-title searches and drafts related reports. Finally, she drafts summary reports in order to obtain title insurance and reviews resulting policies.
Before joining McMillan, Monique held a position with another major law firm and in a notary office where she participated in important mandates, including the construction of pipelines, the development of a railway station, and the establishment of shopping centers and retirement homes.
- Canadian Association of Paralegals, continuing education in the annual convention context – from 1983 to date
- Co-founder of a group of paralegals specializing in real estate law which organizes training sessions
- Captain of a team of Relay for Life team for the Canadian Cancer Society from 2008 to 2013, and member of a Relay for Life team in 2015
- Volunteer at Refuge des jeunes de Montréal since 2012
Directorships & Affiliations
- Canadian Association of Paralegals
Get updates delivered right to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.