- Acted as legal counsel to Canada Infrastructure Bank (CIB) in its $100 million financing of La SOFIAC (Société de financement et d’accompagnement en performance énergétique) for energy efficiency retrofit projects in commercial, industrial and multi-residential buildings in Québec
- Acted for Syntax in connection with the renewal of credit facilities totalling US$355 million, plus an accordion feature of US$50 million on said facilities, which were provided by a syndicate of 15 banks, to finance the acquisition of Illumiti.
- Acted for Novacap in connection with credit facilities totalling $160 million, plus a $40 million accordion feature on such facilities, which were provided by a syndicate of lenders, for the financing of the acquisition of Foliot Inc. and Foliot International Inc.
- Acted for a private company in the metals recycling industry in the renewal of a $700 million revolving line of credit provided by a syndicate of 12 banks.
- Acted for a leading real estate developer in connection with the financing of Victoria on the Park, a 400-unit mixed-use residential property.
- Acted for a chartered bank in connection with several real estate acquisition financings and also in connection with several real estate construction financings.
- Acted for purchasers in acquisitions and financings of private jets.
- Acted on behalf of the lessee in connection with the financing of a railroad equipment lease.
Nicolas Dolot maintains a business law practice focused on banking law and financial services in which he advises clients in a wide range of industries.
In addition to developing corporate documentation and contracts, Nicolas writes and negotiates securities documents and reviews loan agreements. He acts in matters relating to transactions, business operations and financing for lending institutions, as well as local, national and international borrowers.
Prior to joining McMillan, Nicolas completed internships within a mid-sized law firm and legal departments of large enterprises in France. He also provided legal advice to a company offering outsourcing and online business law services.
Education & Admissions
Insights (1 Posts)
The Quebec regime on “monetary claims” and the UCC treatment of deposit accounts
Quebec’s regime for taking security on “monetary claims” and the Uniform Commercial Code regime for taking security on deposit accounts
Deals & Cases (1 Posts)
Novacap acquires majority stake in Foliot Furniture
McMillan LLP was involved in all facets of the transaction and provided multi-disciplinary advice to Novacap with a team led by Charles Chevrette and Enda Wong (Corporate & M&A).
Get updates delivered right to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.