- Acted on behalf of a group of labour organizations in their acquisition of an industrial building owned by a foreign affiliate
- Acted on behalf of a developer with respect to its proposed development of a mixed-use project consisting of a residential tower and a hotel
- Acted on behalf of a developer with respect to a 141-unit condominium development
- Acted on behalf of a developer with respect to a mixed-use strata development consisting of residential strata lots and ground floor commercial units
- Act on behalf of developers in the preparation of disclosure statements and ensure ongoing compliance with the Real Estate Development Marketing Act
- Act on behalf of commercial landlords and tenants in the negotiation of retail, office, and industrial leases
- Acted on behalf of a hearing aid retailer with locations throughout the lower mainland with respect to the sale of the business by way of shares
- Acted on behalf of a grocery store franchisor with respect to the preparation of franchise documents and associated agreements
- Acted on behalf of a port-services company with respect to its amalgamation with a wholly owned subsidiary and its continuation from Ontario into British Columbia
- Acted on behalf of an international travel technology company with respect to regulatory compliance and licensing matters in British Columbia
Peter Hagel is a member of the Commercial Real Estate group in McMillan’s Vancouver office. He advises clients on a broad range of real estate matters including the acquisition, financing, leasing, and development of all categories of real property. He has extensive experience advising developers on all stages of the development process from structuring the development entity and assembly of the development lands through to the sale and leasing of the project.
In addition to his real estate practice, Peter frequently advises business clients on a variety of corporate and commercial law matters including the purchase and sale of businesses and the implementation of business reorganizations.
Employment Law Considerations When Buying Or Selling A Business2017
Estate Planning Tips for Small Businesses2017
Directorships & Affiliations
- Law Society of British Columbia
Education & Admissions
Deals & Cases (1 Posts)
On September 22, 2023, West Fraser Timber Co. Ltd. (TSX and NYSE: WFG) (“West Fraser”) announced its agreement to sell it’s Quesnel River Pulp mill in Quesnel, British Columbia and its Slave Lake Pulp mill in Slave Lake, Alberta to Atlas Holdings (“Atlas”) for US$120 Million.
Get updates delivered right to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.