- Representing a cryptocurrency investor in an action against a hacker related to alleged fraud, conversion and market manipulation. Obtained and executed the first Anton Piller order on cryptocurrency in Canada.
- Representing the Regional Municipality of Halton in an action against multiple defendants related to alleged fraud, conversion, breach of trust and conspiracy.
- Representing an American manufacturer of outdoor power equipment in a product liability action and six-week trial. Obtained leave (as an articling student) to argue a contested motion and cross-examine a witness.
- Representing a major cannabis company in an arbitration dealing with the alleged repudiation of a license, supply and distribution agreement.
- Representing companies in shareholder dissent applications and related commercial disputes regarding non-payment of invoices and ownership of intellectual property.
- Representing a major pharmaceutical company in a putative class action by the Province of British Columbia (on behalf of itself and all federal, provincial and territorial governments) for the recovery of health care costs from certain pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors of opioid-related products.
- Representing a major cinema company in claims totaling US $125 million for breach of contract, breach of confidentiality and conspiracy, arising from a lease termination in one of the largest cinema projects in the Middle East.
- Providing advice on risk of product liability litigation in multi-million dollar corporate acquisition transactions.
Reuben RothsteinAssociate, Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Toronto 416.865.7033 firstname.lastname@example.org
Expertise Corporate Commercial Litigation Class Actions Litigation & Dispute Resolution Product Liability & Regulation White Collar Defence, Fraud & Investigations