Regularly advise on intellectual property, information technology, privacy, and data security in M&A transactions.
- Share acquisition of SaaS platform for computerized maintenance management system (CMMS) software provider by private equity firm.
- Share acquisition of information governance and compliance software provider by US eDiscovery software provider.
- Share acquisition of imaging and document management software provider by US oil and gas software provider.
- Share acquisition of healthcare imaging software provider by Australian enterprise imaging software provider.
- Share acquisition of a consulting service provider specializing in risk and loss assessment by global competitor.
- Share acquisition of medical diagnostic software provider by private equity firm ($600m+).
- Share acquisition of large North-American furniture manufacturer by private equity firm ($200m+).
- Share acquisition of nondestructive testing equipment manufacturer by private equity firm ($100m+).
- Share acquisition of translation software provider by private equity firm.
- Share acquisition of technology services and consulting provider by private equity firm.
- Advised on IP, privacy, and export controls in the acquisition of a Canadian electronics manufacturer.
- Advised on impact of data breach as part of share acquisition.
- Advised on privacy aspects of a sale of a clinical packaging business.
Regularly advise on services contracts, including related licensing and support arrangements.
- Drafted products and services contract, including related software license agreement, and software maintenance and support agreement for solutions for petroleum and propane distribution industries.
- Drafted master services arrangement for the development of smart home products in the residential real estate sector.
- Advised on master services arrangement for a data analytics service provider in a service/licensing deal with a large airline.
- Advised on software services arrangements between platform provider and multiple municipal governments.
- Advised on software services arrangements between platform provider and the Canadian automotive industry.
- Advised on development and licensing arrangement of software portal for a multi-national industry association, including an option to purchase.
Regularly advise on privacy law, cybersecurity, and anti-spam law (CASL).
- Advised on application of Canadian and Quebec privacy law to global, intra-company transfers of data and personal information.
- Advised on privacy practices involving personal health information, telematics, location information, and other sensitive information.
- Advised on privacy requirements for voice recognition systems and services.
- Advised on privacy requirements for temperature detection systems during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advised on privacy requirements for airlines.
- Advised on privacy requirements for customer databases and member directories.
- Advised on privacy requirements for employment application website tool.
- Advised on privacy requirements for cross-border franchise operations.
- Regularly draft and review data handling agreements (DHAs).
Regularly advise on intellectual property licensing matters.
- Drafted IP license agreement for patented technologies and product portfolios.
- Drafted IP license agreements to allow use of celebrity IP in association with cannabis products.
- Drafted IP license agreement for wafer processing technology for use in semiconductor fabs.
- Drafted limited software distribution and license agreement for the distribution of scientific development software via the Internet on an on-demand basis.
- Drafted joint venture agreement for co-licensing of ore processing technologies in the mining industry.
- Advised on license agreement for ore processing technology in the mining industry.
- Advised on software evaluation agreement between developer and large operating system developer / application platform provider.
- Advised on integrator agreement for product supplier in the transportation industry.
- Regularly draft and review EULAs.
Regularly advise on other intellectual property and regulatory matters.
- Regularly draft and advise on IP assignment agreements.
- Drafted joint venture agreement for off-shore online gaming operation.
- Advised on web scraping to a multi-national industry association.
- Advised on eSports and online gaming activities in Quebec.
Regularly advise on telecommunications and other regulatory matters.
- Advised on transmission facility and reseller registration requirements.
- Advised on the Unsolicited Telecommunications Rules, including the Do Not Call List (DNCL) rules and Automatic Dialing-Announcing Devices (ADAD) rules.
- Regularly advise on vendor and customer supply agreements.
- Regularly advise on non-disclosure agreements and matters of confidentiality.
- Draft distribution agreement for personal protective equipment during COVID-19 pandemic.
- Advised on Center of Excellence agreement in partnership with a public body.