- Acted for Bright Minds Biosciences Inc. in connection with its prospectus and listing on the Canadian Securities Exchange, 2021
- Acted for Bright Minds Biosciencess Inc. in an overnight marketed short form prospectus for gross proceeds of $25.9 million, March 2021
- Acted for MJIC, Inc. in connection with its reverse takeover to form ManifestSeven Holdings Corporation, September 2020
- Acted for Turmalina Metals Corp. in an overnight marketed prospectus offering for gross proceeds of $8,500,000, February 2020
- Acted for Turmalina Metals Corp. in connection with its prospectus and listing on the TSX Venture Exchange, 2019
- Acted for Aurora Cannabis Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Whistler Medical Marijuana Corporation valued at $175,000,000.
- Acted for Harvest One Cannabis Inc. (formerly Harvest One Capital Inc.) in its qualifying transaction involving the acquisition of 100% of the issued and outstanding shares of each of United Greeneries Holdings Ltd. from MMJ PhytoTech Limited and Satipharm AG from PhytoTechMedical (UK) Pty Ltd., a wholly subsidiary of MMJ PhytoTech Limited, and a related brokered $25,000,000 subscription receipt offering
- Acts for various TSX Venture Exchange and Canadian Securities Exchange listed issuers in brokered and non-brokered debt and equity financings
- Acts for companies completing going public transactions including reverse takeovers on the TSX Venture Exchange and Canadian Securities Exchange
- Acts for Capital Pool Companies and businesses in completing “qualifying transactions” pursuant to the TSX Venture Exchange CPC program
- Acted for VMS Ventures Inc. while Royal Nickel Corporation was purchasing it for a total consideration of $21.1 million, April 2016
Sasa Jarvis is a respected capital markets and securities lawyer. Her practice focuses primarily on corporate and securities law matters, including financings of public and private companies, mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance issues, and continuous disclosure obligations.
Representing clients in various industries, including technology, life sciences, and regulated industries, Sasa works extensively with clients in the mining and cannabis sectors.
As part of her mining practice, Sasa advises public and private companies with respect to property option agreements, acquisitions of mineral properties, asset purchase and sale transactions, as well as technical disclosure.
Sasa advises public and private clients in the cannabis industry on transactional and corporate compliance matters, primarily with a view to going public, raising funds, and continuing to comply with disclosure and other requirements. She has assisted clients in the cannabis space since the firm established its dedicated practice in 2016.
“Legislative Update”, Advanced Securities 2020 Series, Continuing Legal Education Society of British ColumbiaJune 2020
Directorships & Affiliations
- Past Co-Chair of SOGIC-BC, a section of the Canadian Bar Association in British Columbia
- Law Society of British Columbia
Education & Admissions
Insights by Sasa Jarvis (12 Posts)
A legal update on psychedelics: four Canadians with late stage cancer receive approval to use psilocybin to treat
their end-of-life distress.
A primer on the emerging psychedelics industry and how it fits into Canada's legal framework.
A summary of the proposal by CSA to adopt an "access equals delivery" model for disclosure documents.
Securities regulators provided guidance regarding disclosure of financial interests and conflicts of interest in Cannabis transactions
On June 14, 2019, Health Canada unveiled its Final Regulations for New Cannabis Products
Divergent Regulatory Approaches to Cryptocurrency Offerings: Developments in Canada, the United States, and ChinaOct 9, 2017
Divergent Regulatory Approaches to Cryptocurrency Offerings: Developments in Canada, the United States, and China
Ontario Government to Grow LCBO: Recreational Cannabis to be sold at Government Stores
McMillan Advises on First Initial Coin Offering Granted Exemptive Relief by Canadian Securities RegulatorsSep 4, 2017
McMillan Advises on First Initial Coin Offering Granted Exemptive Relief by Canadian Securities Regulators
Canadian Securities Administrators Propose New Prospectus Exemption for Resale of Securities of a Foreign IssuerJul 10, 2017
Canadian Securities Administrators Propose New Prospectus Exemption for Resale of Securities of a Foreign Issuer
Compliant at this Time: Canada’s Options Regarding its Treaty Obligations and the Legalization and Regulation of Non-Medical CannabisJul 6, 2017
Compliant at this Time: Canada's Options Regarding its Treaty Obligations and the Legalization and Regulation of Non-Medical Cannabis
Prohibition to Go Up in Smoke: Government of Canada Introduces Legislation to Legalize and Regulate Non-Medical Access to CannabisApr 17, 2017
Prohibition to Go Up in Smoke: Government of Canada Introduces Legislation to Legalize and Regulate Non-Medical Access to Cannabis
Rights (offering) on the money: CSA announces changes to rights offering prospectus exemptions
Get updates delivered right to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.