- Advised West Fraser on its US$200 million cross-border financing in connection with acquisition of the Gilman Group of Companies from the Howard Gilman Foundation and the amendment and restatement of its existing combined US and Canadian revolving credit facilities in the aggregate amount of CDN$500 million.
- Advised Graham Commuter Partners General Partnership with first municipal projects completed in Saskatchewan valued at approximately $252 million. Financing was comprised of both short-term and long-term credit facilities.
- Advised British Columbia companies, both public and private (including junior exploration companies), in connection with the financing of mining activity, in Canada, Mexico, Mongolia, South America and Kazakhstan
- Advised a private lender in connection with a mezzanine refinancing of a major hospitality chain
- Advised a British Columbia IT and management consulting services company, and its US affiliate, on a cross-border, multi-jurisdictional ABL facility
- Advised the lenders to a consortium in connection with its response to Partnerships BC’s RFP for the $1.42 billion project for the design, build, finance and operation of the Evergreen Line in British Columbia
- Advised the lenders to the successful proponents of two hospital redevelopment projects in Ontario: London Health Sciences Centre and the Windsor Regional Hospital
- Advised the consortium on financing issues related to the design, construction and maintenance of a hospital outpatient facility in Surrey, BC
- Acting for lenders in connection with rental housing projects, both CMHC-insured and non-CMHC and both affordable and market rental.
- Advised the lenders in connection with credit facilities for the development and construction of two of the largest mixed use real estate development projects in BC
- Advised a Canadian-based public auctioneering company including its global subsidiary operations in connection with the refinancing of its corporate debt
- Acted for the lenders in connection with a revolving and tranche B term loan credit facilities to a Canadian gaming company and its US and Canadian operating subsidiaries
- Advised a US-based private equity group on cross-border issues related to the financing and subsequent insolvency of a Canadian gaming company and its Canadian operating subsidiaries
- Advised a BC forestry company and its subsidiaries in connection with a syndicated credit facility of C$352 million
- Advised two financial institutions, one a Schedule II Bank and the other a BC credit union, in connection with the sale of their respective insurance subsidiaries
- Advised BC’s largest credit union on a wide range of commercial and treasury-related matters, including those related to its credit and prepaid card business, the sale of its residential mortgages and the negotiation and documentation of various corporate level credit facilities
Jill R. Pereira*
She | HerPartner, Financial Services
Vancouver 604.893.7645 firstname.lastname@example.org
Expertise Banking & Finance Construction & Infrastructure Financial Services Private Equity & Venture Capital Project Finance & P3