- Acted for Novacap in connection with aggregate credit facilities of $160,000,000 plus a $40,000,000 accordion to increase such facilities, provided by a syndicate of lenders, to finance the acquisition of Foliot Inc. and Foliot International Inc.
- Acted for Novacap in connection with aggregate credit facilities of $300,000,000, provided by a syndicate of lenders, to finance the acquisition by Syntax Systems of German IT services company Freudenberg IT.
- Acted for TPG Specialty Lending, as agent of a syndicate of lenders, in connection with aggregate credit facilities of $200,000,000 in favour of Dye & Durham Corporation.
- Acted for HKW Capital in connection with aggregate credit facilities of $27,500,000 plus a $8,000,000 accordion to increase such facilities, provided by HSBC Bank Canada, to finance the acquisition of Traductions Serge Bélair Inc.
- Acted for Investissement Québec in connection with an equity participation of $20,000,000, a loan of $36,000,000, and assumption of debt of $63,000,000, to finance the acquisition by Lithium Amérique du Nord Inc. of a lithium mine in La Corne, Québec.
Keith Hanna practises financial services law, acting regularly for lenders, corporations and private equity funds in a variety of debt financings and equity participations. Keith participates in the drafting and negotiation of, most notably, loan offers, credit agreements, security documents, intercreditor agreements, corporate resolutions and legal opinions.
Keith also advises financial institutions on matters relating to special loans, restructuring, and bankruptcy and insolvency.
A growing area of focus for Keith is providing corporate advice to foreign entities looking to invest in Canada. He has represented clients in various industries, including video games, artificial intelligence, information technology and manufacturing.
Rankings & Recognitions
- Recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada (2022) as a leading lawyer in the areas of Asset-Based Lending and Banking and Finance Law
- Member of the Board of Directors of ACG Québec
- Member of the advisory committee on ethno cultural diversity for the Montréal bar – 2008-2016
- Co-founder and organizer of the Air Canada English Oratory Award at the Young Bar of Montreal – 2008
Education & Admission
Deals & Cases (1 Posts)
McMillan LLP was involved in all facets of the transaction and provided multi-disciplinary advice to Novacap with a team led by Charles Chevrette and Enda Wong (Corporate & M&A).
Get updates delivered right to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.