- Lead associate in a syndicated loan totaling USD$1.95 billion for the acquisition and privatization of a portfolio of real estate, consisting of 190 commercial properties held by 190 single-purpose entities. Represented senior loan lenders, senior loan administrative agent, mezzanine loan lenders, mezzanine loan administrative agent and collateral agent.
- Lead associate for a U.S. bank providing acquisition financing for the merger of two cyber-security firms for a transaction valued at $900 million.
- Lead associate to a U.S. private equity firm providing a $750 million loan, the largest single-sourced loan to a Canadian cannabis company.
- Lead associate to a publicly traded industrials company obtaining $700 million financing from the Canada Infrastructure Bank to develop green synergizes in the production of commodities and assisting Canada in meeting the reduction of its greenhouse gas emissions.
- Lead associate to a U.S. private equity firm providing $650 million loan to the largest Canadian gym operator.
- Lead associate to a publicly traded Canadian mortgage provider establishing a new warehouse facility for $200 million.
- Lead associate to a syndicate of Canadian banks providing real estate financing for project development of a vacation resort valued at $275 million.
- Lead associate for a publicly traded wine and spirts company upsizing its credit agreement to $275 million.
- Lead associate acting on behalf of a private equity firm for the establishment of a revolving credit facility for acquisitions.
- Lead associate to three Canadian banks and over two dozen different borrowers establishing new facilities ranging in size from $2–$20 million.
Steven Marmer is an experienced financial services lawyer building his practice in corporate and finance law. His practice encompasses a diverse range of financial transactions including acquisition financing, cross-border transactions, securitization, restructuring, asset-based loans, technology and start-up financing.
Steven’s experience includes representing a variety of private and public companies, Canadian and US banks and private financial institutions on a range of domestic and cross-border commercial lending transactions.
Steven is routinely involved with drafting and negotiating credit agreements, commitment letters, security agreements, guarantees, payoff letters, inter-creditor agreements, opinions and other financing-related documents.
Steven is a coauthor of the 2022 and 2023 editions of The Acquisition and Leveraged Financial Review published by The Law Reviews.
Directorships & Affiliations
- Law Society of Ontario
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
Education & Admissions
Insights (2 Posts)View More
Remember, Remember, the 1st of November; Navigating the November 1st Deadline in the CDOR Transition and Term CORRA’s Launch
Navigating the November 1, 2023 Deadline in the CDOR Transition and Term CORRA’s Launch.
Get updates delivered right to your inbox. You can unsubscribe at any time.