Joanna represents clients in a variety of interests and matters, including:
- Acted as Canadian counsel to a US bank in the financing of the acquisition of a large marine transportation service provider operating in the U.S. and Canada.
- Represented a Canadian company in its acquisition of a water systems and services company.
- Acted as Canadian counsel to HCI Equity Partners and AmerCare in the acquisition of a Canadian supplier of private label and branded disposable products to Canadian foodservice, retail, institutional and industrial markets and distributors.
- Acted as Canadian counsel to West Fraser in connection with its US$430 million acquisition of six sawmills and a finger-jointing facility from the Howard Gilman Foundation and the cross-border financing in respect of its US$200 million term acquisition facility.
- Acted as Canadian counsel to a leading company in the global maritime market.
- Counsel to a local marine services companies.
- Provided corporate, commercial, and transactional advice for businesses engaged in ship construction and systems integration, ownership, finance and management, port and terminal facilities.
- Represented numerous corporate clients with internal corporate reorganizations.