- Recognized by Best Lawyers in Canada (2022) as a leading lawyer in the areas of Aboriginal Law; Administrative and Public Law; Energy Law; Energy Regulatory Law and Environmental Law
- Represented Gibraltar Mines Ltd. in an Environmental Appeal Board hearing regarding its Environmental Management Act permit.
- Advising Centerra Gold / Thompson Creek Metals Corp. in respect of environmental and Indigenous engagement issues at its Mt. Milligan mine.
- Advising an international mining company in respect of a proposed administrative monetary penalty under the Environmental Management Act.
- Advising a mining company regarding the determination of a project being “substantially started” under the BC Environmental Assessment Act.
- Advising an international forest company on various agreements with Canadian Indigenous groups.
- Advised the court appointed monitor in respect of environmental law issues associated with the Walter Energy CCAA proceedings in British Columbia.
- Advised China Minerals Mining Corporation in challenging a BC government agreement with First Nations that adversely affected access to mineral rights.
- Counsel to the Major Appliance Recycling Roundtable and Outdoor Power Equipment Institute (BC product stewardship organizations).
- Counseled an LNG pipeline company in successfully obtaining an environmental assessment certificate for a major intraprovincial pipeline.
- Represented Stewart Bulk Terminals in relation to a civil claim against the District of Stewart and related waste management issues.
- Advised and represented Avanti Mining in successfully obtaining environmental assessment approval and negotiating a benefits agreement with the Nisga’a Nation.
- Counseled on the Moose Cree First Nation’s equity participation in the $2.6B Lower Mattagami Hydroelectric Project in Ontario.
- Counseled Pattern Energy in successfully obtaining an environmental assessment certificate for the Meikle Wind Energy Project.
- Counseled and represented a BC coal mine in successfully obtaining an environmental assessment certificate and related compliance matters.
- Counseled an Ontario natural gas-powered electricity generator on First Nation consultation and environmental assessment matters.
- Advised the Minister of Forests, Lands and Natural Resource Operations in respect of his decision to approve a Master Development Agreement for Jumbo Resort.
- Conducted a comprehensive review and provided recommendations regarding the project review (environmental assessment) process for Port Metro Vancouver.
- Negotiated the Roberts Bank Protocol Agreement (a precursor to the Tsawwassen Final Agreement).
Robin M. Junger*Partner, Indigenous Law | Environment
Vancouver 778.329.7523 email@example.com
Expertise Indigenous Law Environment Energy Mining Oil & Gas